Definición de embezzle en inglés:
Steal or misappropriate (money placed in one’s trust or belonging to the organization for which one works): she had embezzled £5,600,000 in company funds
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- That seems to assume that if a solicitor's clerk embezzles money from the trust account, he is not defrauding his employer.
- If not closely monitored, they will embezzle aid money and misappropriate resources provided by the coalition.
- There was a case of fraud by a council official involved with the social work department, who was prosecuted for embezzling money, but this had nothing to do with the funding of Third Age.
misappropriate, steal, rob, thieve, pilfer, appropriate, abstract, defraud someone of, siphon off, pocket, take, take for oneself, help oneself to, line one's pockets/purse with;
put one's hand in the till, dip into the public purse, commit white-collar crime, commit fraud
- Example sentences
- The question must be asked: Should one of the main architects of the Balkan wars go down in history as a convicted embezzler or a convicted war criminal?
- All criminals, I suppose, in one sense, are a danger to the community - embezzlers just as much as child molesters.
- This problem appears to demonstrate intent to manipulate elections, and was installed in the program under the watch of a programmer who is a convicted embezzler.
Words that rhyme with embezzlebezel
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan