- Obstruction of an artery, typically by a clot of blood or an air bubble: [mass noun]: causes of cerebral embolism [count noun]: one patient died of a pulmonary embolismMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Serious obstructions, such as a pulmonary embolism, need emergency medical treatment.
- Even so, thrombolytic therapy of pulmonary embolism does not dissolve the clot completely as it does with acute coronary thrombosis, and increases the risk of bleeding.
- A computed tomographic scan demonstrated a pulmonary embolism, and anticoagulation therapy was initiated.
mid 19th century: via late Latin from Greek embolismos, from emballein 'insert'.
Más definiciones de embolismDefinición de embolism en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.