- 1Relating to an embryo: slight differences in embryonic developmentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- And that's what the opponents of embryonic stem cell research have pounced upon.
- The company thus avoids using embryonic stem cells, still objects of controversy.
- If so, it would not be necessary to use the ethically more problematic embryonic stem cells.
- 2(Of a system, idea, or organization) in a rudimentary stage with potential for development: the plan is still in its embryonic stagesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I think this game has come too early for a unit in the embryonic stages of its development.
- The diocese continues to insist that there never was a plan to remove the screen and says it was only one embryonic idea among others.
- Hamilton's embryonic ideas seemed to bear the taint of eugenics.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She had wept, curling embryonically under the duvet, hoping it would cover the nakedness of her flesh and her pain.
- The whole point of such a search rests on the assumption that evolution will inevitably tease out the potential for intelligence already lurking, however embryonically, in the prebiotic chemical soup of other life-bearing planets.
- Because legs develop embryonically and wings develop late in larval life in Tribolium, we have focused on assessing the role of Drosophila appendage allocation genes in leg development rather than wing development.
mid 19th century: from late Latin embryo, embryon- 'embryo' + -ic.