Definición de emendation en inglés:
1The process of making a revision or correction to a text.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The minutes of last year's meeting in Victoria, BC, were accepted without emendation.
- The theologian, however, could argue that there are instances which might validly call for emendation.
- This necessitated some retrospective emendation of the original claims to make the new theory minimally plausible.
1.1 [count noun] A correction or revision to a text: here are some suggested emendations
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Such emendations to the 'classics' on the part of famous conductors were once common practice.
- Naturally, this critical simplification of mine calls for numerous emendations.
- Finally there is the considerable group of emendations in the Centenary text that were introduced by the editor.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda