- 1The process of becoming visible after being concealed: I misjudged the timing of my emergenceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Seeds were scored daily for radicle emergence through the testa or PE envelope.
- I do not however see how the late emergence of the evidence matters.
- 2The process of coming into existence or prominence: the emergence of the environmental movementMás ejemplos en oraciones
- At the same time the freshly granted freedoms of publication and association did facilitate the gradual emergence of radical movements.
- Appropriate use of antibiotics will delay and in many cases prevent the emergence of resistance.
- Hand in hand with European expansion went the gradual emergence of industrial capitalism.
mid 17th century (in the sense 'unforeseen occurrence'): from medieval Latin emergentia, from Latin emergere 'bring to light' (see emerge).