Definición de emersion en inglés:
1The process of emerging from water after being submerged: some coral species can survive emersion for up to three hours
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Organisms that live higher on the shore experience larger daily and seasonal fluctuations in microhabitat conditions, due to their greater exposure to terrestrial conditions during emersion.
- Presumably, the increased chaperone need is induced by exaggerated gill protein denaturation in response to elevated body temperatures during emersion.
- The restructuring of the membrane bilayer, which may occur during the tidal cycle, if body temperature fluctuates widely during emersion and immersion, represents a second energetic cost to intertidal species.
2 Astronomy The reappearance of a celestial body after its eclipse or occultation.
- The spectacular reappearance of the planet - emersion - should be plainly visible to the unaided eye.
- Such terminology may also be used for eclipses and occultations, along with their synonyms immersion and emersion.
- So at 3.45pm BST, we decided to pack up and go to our respective homes in order to observe the emersion of Venus if we could.
Definición de emersion en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary