Definición de emersion en inglés:
1The process of emerging from water after being submerged: some coral species can survive emersion for up to three hours
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Organisms that live higher on the shore experience larger daily and seasonal fluctuations in microhabitat conditions, due to their greater exposure to terrestrial conditions during emersion.
- Presumably, the increased chaperone need is induced by exaggerated gill protein denaturation in response to elevated body temperatures during emersion.
- The restructuring of the membrane bilayer, which may occur during the tidal cycle, if body temperature fluctuates widely during emersion and immersion, represents a second energetic cost to intertidal species.
2 Astronomy The reappearance of a celestial body after its eclipse or occultation.
- The spectacular reappearance of the planet - emersion - should be plainly visible to the unaided eye.
- Such terminology may also be used for eclipses and occultations, along with their synonyms immersion and emersion.
- So at 3.45pm BST, we decided to pack up and go to our respective homes in order to observe the emersion of Venus if we could.
Words that rhyme with emersionanimadversion, aspersion, assertion, aversion, bioconversion, Cistercian, coercion, conversion, desertion, disconcertion, dispersion, diversion, excursion, exertion, extroversion, immersion, incursion, insertion, interspersion, introversion, Persian, perversion, submersion, subversion, tertian, version
Definición de emersion en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan