- Studying or describing a particular language or culture in terms of its internal elements and their functioning rather than in terms of any existing external scheme: accurate ethnographic description from an internal or emic perspective, from the native point of view Often contrasted with etic.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ethnographers commonly make a distinction between the etic and emic dimensions of the study of cultural practices, which reflects the difference between the structural and reflective dimensions of meaning.
- Related to the problems of anachronism and ethnocentrism is the distinction between emic and etic terms.
- In ethnographic studies, the orientation of the researcher is termed etic or emic.
Más definiciones de emicDefinición de emic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.