sustantivo[mass noun] Law
- The right of a government or its agent to expropriate private property for public use, with payment of compensation. In the UK it is used chiefly of international law, whereas in the US it is used of federal and state governments.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He is sponsoring legislation to restrict municipalities' rights to take property by eminent domain.
- In the personal property aspect, there was a recent court opinion that said that the government could by eminent domain take property from citizens for public use.
- The Kelo decision permitted the use of eminent domain for private development projects and has touched off a firestorm of protest throughout the country.
Más definiciones de eminent domainDefinición de eminent domain en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.