Definición de emphysema en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
1 (also pulmonary emphysema) A condition in which the air sacs of the lungs are damaged and enlarged, causing breathlessness: smoking can lead to serious lung diseases such as emphysema
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Remember asthma affects the lung tubes primarily and emphysema the air sacs.
- Then we need to add chronic lung diseases such as emphysema and chronic bronchitis to the list of smoking-caused illnesses.
- Other important causes of shortness of breath are asthma, emphysema, pneumonia, and clots to the lung.
2A condition in which air is abnormally present within the body tissues.
- Our patient presented with mild dyspnea and dysphonia and demonstrated subcutaneous emphysema and Hamman's sign.
- Tachycardia may be present, as well as subcutaneous emphysema.
- She was unable to open her right eye because of the subcutaneous emphysema.
Definición de emphysema en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary