Definición de emphysema en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
1 (also pulmonary emphysema) A condition in which the air sacs of the lungs are damaged and enlarged, causing breathlessness: smoking can lead to serious lung diseases such as emphysema
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Remember asthma affects the lung tubes primarily and emphysema the air sacs.
- Then we need to add chronic lung diseases such as emphysema and chronic bronchitis to the list of smoking-caused illnesses.
- Other important causes of shortness of breath are asthma, emphysema, pneumonia, and clots to the lung.
2A condition in which air is abnormally present within the body tissues.
- Our patient presented with mild dyspnea and dysphonia and demonstrated subcutaneous emphysema and Hamman's sign.
- Tachycardia may be present, as well as subcutaneous emphysema.
- She was unable to open her right eye because of the subcutaneous emphysema.
Definición de emphysema en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan