verbo[with object] Biochemistry
Enclose (a gene or virus particle) in a protein shell: each piece of dsRNA is encapsidated separately
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The helical segments were presumed to be elements of stem-loop structures formed when the RNA was condensed and encapsidated by the protein.
- Wild-type viruses might produce abundant capsid proteins that are freely obtainable from the resource pool, and these could allow the less-fit mutants to be encapsidated at a higher rate than occurs during clonal infections.
- Viral capsids are rigid protein shells whose function is to protect their encapsidated genome of single- or double-stranded RNA or DNA.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The absence of the terminal methionine appears to be complete, and we suspect it may have been removed by host cell enzymes before encapsidation.
- Correspondingly, an elastic stress (P bending) is also associated with encapsidation of the genome.
- Second, the rate of encapsidation of deleterious mutants may be increased during co-infection.
Definición de encapsidate en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda