Definición de encapsidate en inglés:
verbo[with object] Biochemistry
Enclose (a gene or virus particle) in a protein shell: each piece of dsRNA is encapsidated separately
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The helical segments were presumed to be elements of stem-loop structures formed when the RNA was condensed and encapsidated by the protein.
- Wild-type viruses might produce abundant capsid proteins that are freely obtainable from the resource pool, and these could allow the less-fit mutants to be encapsidated at a higher rate than occurs during clonal infections.
- Viral capsids are rigid protein shells whose function is to protect their encapsidated genome of single- or double-stranded RNA or DNA.
- Example sentences
- The absence of the terminal methionine appears to be complete, and we suspect it may have been removed by host cell enzymes before encapsidation.
- Correspondingly, an elastic stress (P bending) is also associated with encapsidation of the genome.
- Second, the rate of encapsidation of deleterious mutants may be increased during co-infection.
Definición de encapsidate en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan