A person who publicly praises or flatters someone else.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Yesterday, I watched a program by a famous encomiast in China.
- He is admired not as an uncritical encomiast of his own culture and society, but rather as an exemplum of the spirit - both critical and conservative - that is among the West's most enduring legacies to the world.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- To understand why the ‘lives’ began this way, it is important to remember that ‘lives’ were encomiastic narratives, a peculiar literary genre somewhere between the diegesis and the enkomion.
- In the main, these are either gratuitously encomiastic or post-prandial.
- She makes use of his commentaries, but above all of his seven encomiastic homilies in praise of Paul.
Early 17th century: from Greek enkōmiastēs, from enkōmiazein 'to praise', from enkōmion (see encomium).
Definición de encomiast en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda