- Officials said coalition forces ordered the airstrike after encountering hostile fire from the location.
- He said the troops did not encounter any hostile fire.
- But they're likely to encounter a hostile European Union.
- Upon his return he encountered Mistress Dorset in the corridor.
- Rather, it appeared to be shock at encountering the person she least expected to meet.
- It is only infrequently in life that one encounters people whose talents have been recognised and honoured by society.
- Our casual lakeside encounters evolved into more regular meetings, dancing and dating.
- But you probably don't appreciate casual encounters.
- When you go to work, or visit a park, it is possible that you will have a range of unexpected encounters, however fleeting or seemingly inconsequential.
- But men have also reported unpleasant online encounters.
- It was the nastiest moment in countless unpleasant footballing encounters.
- ‘Border guards…,’ I thought with awe, bracing myself for an unpleasant encounter.
Middle English (in the senses 'meet as an adversary' and 'a meeting of adversaries'; formerly also as incounter): from Old French encontrer (verb), encontre (noun), based on Latin in- 'in' + contra 'against'.
Palabras que riman con encountercounter, mounter
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: en|coun¦ter
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.