- 1 Anatomy A specialized, encapsulated ending of a peripheral sensory nerve, which acts as a receptor for a stimulus.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This behavioral bias might result in part from a mismatch between the spectral characteristics of the advertisement call and the most sensitive frequency of the peripheral end organ implicated in reception of these sounds.
- Allergic airway inflammation is characterized by recruitment and activation of inflammatory cells as well as by increased activities of mucosal end organs.
- These end organs differ in a variety of ways, including their frequency sensitivities.
- 2 another term for target organ.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Either of these receptors has an excitatory or inhibitory effect on the end organ.
- The end organ effects of hypertension, particularly in the heart, brain and kidneys, can be devastating, leading to premature coronary, cerebral or renal arteriosclerosis.
- The rest is metabolized after uptake into the end organ.
Más definiciones de end organDefinición de end organ en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.