- 1An attempt by the ball carrier to run around the end of the defensive line.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And he understood the situation when he learned the quarterback had pulled an end run on them.
- Like a jumpshot in basketball or an end run in football, when the defense closes the direct approach off, the attacker must simply take another approach, around or over.
- 1.1North American An evasive tactic or manoeuvre: they all engage in end runs around moralityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But if further studies confirm its usefulness, it could offer an end run around the heated social and religious debate that has for years overshadowed the field of human embryonic stem cell research.
- Usually in a case like this, with such staggering numbers of violations, he said someone is ‘trying to come up with a scheme to make an end run around the rules.’
- What they are doing is an end run around the Senate rules and around the constitution.
verboVolver al principio
- (end-run) [with object] North American Evade; circumvent: an attempt to end-run regulations for fire protectionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The best way for the reader to get the kind of information I have been getting from the ground all over Iraq, is to end-run the liberal media and go to the Internet blogs.
- ‘I think if there's going to be a way to end-run the system, then in order to maintain confidence in the system, we may have to put processes in place to eliminate that loophole,’ Wood says.
- It's unrealistic, and selfish, for Internet businesses to think they can end-run the checks and balances in the economy and the average American.
Más definiciones de end runDefinición de end run en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.