- 1British An edible Mediterranean plant, the bitter leaves of which may be used in salads.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Cichorium endivia, family Compositae. The varieties of endive are placed in two groups: curly endive, with curled leaves, and Batavian endive, with smooth leaves
- This could be served with leaves of bitter endive or a bowl of small boiled potatoes for dipping.
- All you need to accompany this dish is a bitter, leafy salad like rocket and endives in an olive oil and lemon dressing.
- The company also produces bulb onions, parsnips, leeks, endives, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflowers, cabbage, swede and about five per cent of Britain's asparagus crop.
- 2 (also Belgian endive) North American A chicory crown.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There's also endive and chicory which I will talk about later, which is a cousin of lettuce, but is technically not lettuce.
- So endives, including Belgian endive, are all chicories.
- The chicory clan - Belgian endive, radicchio, and escarole - is sneaking into more and more produce sections.
late Middle English (also denoting the sowthistle): via Old French from medieval Latin endivia, based on Greek entubon.
Más definiciones de endiveDefinición de endive en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.