Definición de endophyte en inglés:
A plant, especially a fungus, which lives inside another plant.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is a type of fungus called an endophyte that lives inside the kernels of corn plants, neither harming nor benefiting its host.
- The presence of the endophyte in tillers and leaves was tested in infected plants as well as its absence in non-infected plants.
- A research team reports that in tree leaves, these fungi, called endophytes, can limit damage from attacking disease agents.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is now widely accepted that plants infected with endophytic fungi are often at a distinct advantage at times.
- Endophytic fungi are thought to interact mutualistically with their host plants mainly by increasing host resistance to herbivores and have been termed ‘acquired plant defenses’.
- On the other hand, a relatively high percentage of infections during storage at 4°C supported the idea that endophytic microbes in Scots pine buds are a potential cause of the defence reactions.
Definición de endophyte en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda