Definición de endophyte en inglés:
A plant, especially a fungus, which lives inside another plant.
- It is a type of fungus called an endophyte that lives inside the kernels of corn plants, neither harming nor benefiting its host.
- The presence of the endophyte in tillers and leaves was tested in infected plants as well as its absence in non-infected plants.
- A research team reports that in tree leaves, these fungi, called endophytes, can limit damage from attacking disease agents.
- Example sentences
- It is now widely accepted that plants infected with endophytic fungi are often at a distinct advantage at times.
- Endophytic fungi are thought to interact mutualistically with their host plants mainly by increasing host resistance to herbivores and have been termed ‘acquired plant defenses’.
- On the other hand, a relatively high percentage of infections during storage at 4°C supported the idea that endophytic microbes in Scots pine buds are a potential cause of the defence reactions.
Definición de endophyte en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan