sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
- A network of membranous tubules within the cytoplasm of a eukaryotic cell, continuous with the nuclear membrane. It usually has ribosomes attached and is involved in protein and lipid synthesis.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is also present in smaller amounts in the membranes of the mitochondria and endoplasmic reticulum within the cells.
- Elongation and unsaturation of fatty acids occurs in both the mitochondria and endoplasmic reticulum (microsomal membranes).
- Slower-mobility products result from improper processing in the endoplasmic reticulum, which is likely the result of misfolding.
Más definiciones de endoplasmic reticulumDefinición de endoplasmic reticulum en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.