(US & Law also indorsement)
1 [mass noun] The action of endorsing someone or something: the issue of full independence received overwhelming endorsement cheques requiring endorsement [count noun]: the package was regarded as an endorsement of the government’s reform programme the entertainer made millions from Pepsi endorsements
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It has received the overwhelming endorsement of the entire US political and media establishment, liberal and conservative alike.
- An indorsement is not always required to negotiate a bill.
- And while the paper's editor had apparently been minded to remain neutral, pressure was brought to bear from London that a front page endorsement was required, and nothing less.
support, backing, approval, seal of approval, agreement, acceptance, recommendation, advocacy, championship, patronage;
affirmation, confirmation, authorization, authentication, ratification, sanction, warrant, validation, licence;
informal the nod, the thumbs up, the OK
countersigning, signing on the back, autographing, initialling, inscribing, superscribing;
2(In the UK) a note on a driving licence recording the penalty points incurred for a driving offence.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- And it will not reconsider any penalties or driving licence endorsements already imposed
- This year the Department for Transport is expected to toughen the sentence to make the offence subject to an endorsement of three penalty points and a 60 pounds sterling fixed penalty.
- He said he had three endorsements on his driving licence for speeding in 1993, 1997 and 1998 for which he received a fixed-penalty fine.
3A clause in an insurance policy detailing an exemption from or change in cover.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Request additional insured endorsements and certificates of insurance from all independent contractors who conduct programs in your name, or come on your premises.
- Often these changes are done through endorsements to the insurance contract.
- This endorsement extends the liability insurance in your business automobile policy to individual employees who rent a vehicle in their own names while on your business.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: en¦dorse|ment
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda