sustantivo[mass noun] Anatomy
The tissue which forms a single layer of cells lining various organs and cavities of the body, especially the blood vessels, heart, and lymphatic vessels. It is formed from the embryonic mesoderm. Compare with epithelium.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Laughter appears to cause the tissue that forms the inner lining of blood vessels, the endothelium, to dilate or expand in order to increase blood flow.
- This endothelium helps give vessels the elasticity needed to regulate blood pressure.
- The endothelium is a layer of cells that line the undersurface of the cornea and are essential to keeping the cornea clear.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- They consist of thin sheets of collagen and smooth muscle with an endothelial covering.
- Pulmonary endothelial cells serve as gatekeepers to trafficking inflammatory and immune cells.
- The staining was predominantly located in endothelial and perivascular cells within the tumors.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: endo|the¦lium
Definición de endothelium en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda