sustantivo[mass noun] Anatomy
The tissue which forms a single layer of cells lining various organs and cavities of the body, especially the blood vessels, heart, and lymphatic vessels. It is formed from the embryonic mesoderm. Compare with epithelium.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Laughter appears to cause the tissue that forms the inner lining of blood vessels, the endothelium, to dilate or expand in order to increase blood flow.
- This endothelium helps give vessels the elasticity needed to regulate blood pressure.
- The endothelium is a layer of cells that line the undersurface of the cornea and are essential to keeping the cornea clear.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They consist of thin sheets of collagen and smooth muscle with an endothelial covering.
- Pulmonary endothelial cells serve as gatekeepers to trafficking inflammatory and immune cells.
- The staining was predominantly located in endothelial and perivascular cells within the tumors.
Definición de endothelium en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.