Definición de enervate en inglés:
- The knowledge of a shared destiny energizes and sustains many of us, enervates and defeats others.
- The day's ride had exhausted her already dwindled energy, and the night had truly enervated her.
- His enemies were enervated and lacked a strong voice.
- A few weeks of the Blair, Bush, and Campbell vision of an enervate media might change their minds.
- After charging his age with being an enervate breed which is "ever on his knees before the footstool of Authority," he goes on to observe that the process of statute-making ought to make one pause before according so much unquestioned deference to statutes.
Early 17th century: from Latin enervat- 'weakened (by extraction of the sinews)', from the verb enervare, from e- (variant of ex-) 'out of' + nervus 'sinew'.
Palabras que riman con enervaterenovate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.