Definición de engorge en inglés:
1 [with object] Cause to swell with blood, water, or another fluid: the river was engorged by a day-long deluge
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This helps promote a pump - the full muscular sensation you get when your target muscles are engorged with blood and fluids - by ‘opening up’ your circulatory system.
- That taut feeling in your muscles when they're engorged with blood and fluids, where you can see every vein and you think that you muscles may explode - it's inspiring, right?
- If the pressure is not equalized by a larger volume of gas, the space will be filled by tissue engorged with fluid and blood.
late 15th century (in the sense 'gorge; eat or fill to excess'): from Old French engorgier 'feed to excess', from en- 'into' + gorge 'throat'.
- Example sentences
- In addition to teaching new parents how to know if their child is getting enough milk and how to manage engorgement, important concepts such as the supply and demand nature of breastmilk production can be reviewed.
- However, accurate determinations of species of tick and degree of engorgement are not routinely possible.
- Heart size is normal, and there are no findings of engorgement.
Definición de engorge en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan