Definición de enigmatic en inglés:
Difficult to interpret or understand; mysterious: he took the money with an enigmatic smile
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These people pop up mysteriously and deliver enigmatic messages before vanishing again.
- From the enigmatic Chancellor it was interpreted as the closest thing to a job application.
- Researchers hope that its experimental data will solve some of the mysteries surrounding this enigmatic body.
mysterious, puzzling, hard to understand, mystifying, inexplicable, baffling, perplexing, bewildering, confusing, impenetrable, inscrutable, incomprehensible, unexplainable, unfathomable, indecipherable, Delphic, oracular;
ambiguous, equivocal, paradoxical, sibylline, unaccountable, insoluble, obscure, elliptical, oblique;
informal as clear as mud
- Example sentences
- Granting that Korean unification is indeed an enigmatical problem, why should scholars be so concerned with the problem of Korean unification?
- Sean's expression became enigmatical, and he spread his hands. ‘That's for you to decide.’
- As I glanced up from reading this enigmatical message, I saw Holmes chuckling at the expression upon my face.
- Example sentences
- When asked why he left India so early in his life, just after finishing school, he merely smiles and enigmatically questions: ‘Why did so many people of my generation leave India at that time.’
- ‘A few did drop off their twig,’ he replies enigmatically, when asked about suggestions that he has killed as many as 19 people.
- ‘They are on their way home,’ our guide says, enigmatically.
Words that rhyme with enigmaticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aristocratic, aromatic, Asiatic, asthmatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, epigrammatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, melodramatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, psychosomatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan