- 1Improve or enhance the quality or value of: her exposure to museums enriched her life in FranceMás ejemplos en oraciones
enhance, make richer, improve, add to, augment, supplement, complement, boost, upgrade, reinforce; raise, lift, refine, polish, heighten, deepen, elevate, aggrandize, intensify, exaltvitaminizefertilize, add fertilizer to, make more fertile, improve; compost, dung, manure, mulch, dress
- You share your wisdom and experience with others and enrich the quality of your work and relationships.
- Promote efforts to increase the diversity of faculty members and students at colleges and universities as a means to improve and enrich the experience of higher education.
- These students complete a rigorous training program that prepares them to serve for six weeks as Museum guides, thereby enriching the Museum experience for the thousands of children who visit it each summer.
- 1.1 (usually as adjective enriched) Increase the proportion of a particular isotope in (an element), especially that of the fissile isotope U-235 in uranium, so as to make it more powerful or explosive: enriched uraniumMás ejemplos en oraciones
- As a general rule, however, the biggest hurdle for a would-be nuclear power is the acquisition of fissile material - enriched uranium or plutonium.
- The major limiting step is acquisition of the fissile material either enriched uranium or plutonium.
- It is the metal that is left over after uranium is enriched for use in nuclear reactors.
- 2Make (someone) wealthy or wealthier: top party members had enriched themselvesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Put it in stark terms and industrial workers, poorly paid, are asked to enrich young men who are already very wealthy.
- All that did was prop up the company that never made much commercial success anyway for a few more years, enriching a few people on the way.
- But investment by many of our multinationals has not enriched its people but impoverished them.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Two of the Allies' great wartime successes were the development of radar and the enrichment of uranium.
- We will never stop uranium enrichment or suspend it for a long period of time.
- This Christmas why not treat a friend to a gift of personal enrichment?
late Middle English (in the sense 'make wealthy'): from Old French enrichir, from en- 'in' + riche 'rich'.