- 1Make certain that (something) will occur or be the case: [with clause]: the client must ensure that accurate records are keptMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Dog owners must by law ensure their pet wears a collar and tag with their name and address on it.
- We must now ensure that ending sexism is addressed as part of the debates about the future.
- True enough, yet it also ensures any accurate commentary can be posted as well.
- 1.1Make certain of obtaining or providing (something): legislation to ensure equal opportunities for allMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Legislation has been passed in many countries geared to ensuring gender balance.
- He must ensure their safety and welfare and will act as a contact in forced marriage cases.
- The incident has prompted police to warn parents to ensure the safety of children in cars.
- 1.2 [no object] (ensure against) Make sure that (a problem) does not occur: only by researching stocks thoroughly can a client ensure against being misledMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Commercial relationships should be continually monitored to ensure against inappropriate exploitation of the organization's name or reputation and undue interference or influence of commercial interests.
- It was therefore up to them to ensure against a collapse and they did so convincingly.
- The oath that voters are required to sign is enough to ensure against fraudulent voting.
On the difference between ensure and insure, see insure (usage).