Definición de enthral en inglés:
verbo (enthrals, enthralling, enthralled)[with object]
1Capture the fascinated attention of: she had been so enthralled by the adventure that she had hardly noticed the cold
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Still, she was pretty, and pretty seemed to be enough to enthrall Fabian's attention.
- On the way here, she had been enthralled, mesmerised, spellbound by the area.
- The story enthrals you from the first page to the last as the plot unravels at a speedy pace.
captivate, charm, enchant, bewitch, fascinate, beguile, entrance, enrapture, delight, attract, allure, lure;
win, ensnare, dazzle, absorb, engross, rivet, grip, transfix, root someone to the spot, transport, carry away, hypnotize, mesmerize, intrigue, spellbind, hold spellbound
informal get under someone's skin
delightful, attractive, alluring, winning, dazzling, absorbing, engrossing, memorable, compelling, riveting, readable, gripping, exciting, transfixing, transporting, hypnotic, mesmerizing, intriguing, spellbinding
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I turn away and feign sudden enthrallment by the display behind me to buy a little time as I debate whether to say hello.
- Self-gratification and enthralment to the trivial increasingly characterize society.
- Those of us who enjoy this genre have been captivated by themes so gripping, stories so mature, and characters so cool that we can't help our enthrallment.
Pronunciación: /ɪnˈθrɔːlm(ə)nt/ /ɛnˈθrɔːlm(ə)nt/(US enthrallment) sustantivo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda