- For those with jobs, this may not sound like a particularly enticing prospect.
- The club has come up with an attractive membership pack to entice new members.
- This was too enticing a prospect to let pass before we commenced our craft tour.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- To secure its rights, it evidently provided legal aid to one firm that sought to enforce its indentures against enticers.
- The solicitor or enticer of a person to commit acts of prostitution will be liable for imprisonment of from one year to ten years.
Middle English (also in the sense 'incite, provoke'; formerly also as intice): from Old French enticier, probably from a base meaning 'set on fire', based on an alteration of Latin titio 'firebrand'.
Early senses of entice included ‘incite’ and ‘provoke (to anger)’. It is from Old French enticier which probably had a root meaning ‘set on fire’, and was an alteration of Latin titio ‘firebrand’.
Palabras que riman con enticeadvice, bice, Brice, choc ice, concise, dice, gneiss, ice, imprecise, lice, mice, nice, precise, price, rice, sice, slice, speiss, spice, splice, suffice, syce, thrice, top-slice, trice, twice, underprice, vice, Zeiss
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.