Attract or tempt by offering pleasure or advantage: a show which should entice a new audience into the theatre [with object and infinitive]: the treat is offered to entice the dog to eat
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For those with jobs, this may not sound like a particularly enticing prospect.
- The club has come up with an attractive membership pack to entice new members.
- This was too enticing a prospect to let pass before we commenced our craft tour.
informal , dated come-hither
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To secure its rights, it evidently provided legal aid to one firm that sought to enforce its indentures against enticers.
- The solicitor or enticer of a person to commit acts of prostitution will be liable for imprisonment of from one year to ten years.