Definición de entice en inglés:
- For those with jobs, this may not sound like a particularly enticing prospect.
- The club has come up with an attractive membership pack to entice new members.
- This was too enticing a prospect to let pass before we commenced our craft tour.
Early senses of entice included ‘incite’ and ‘provoke (to anger)’. It is from Old French enticier which probably had a root meaning ‘set on fire’, and was an alteration of Latin titio ‘firebrand’.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- To secure its rights, it evidently provided legal aid to one firm that sought to enforce its indentures against enticers.
- The solicitor or enticer of a person to commit acts of prostitution will be liable for imprisonment of from one year to ten years.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.