Definición de entomophilous en inglés:
(Of a plant or flower) pollinated by insects.
- Two forms of pollen viability are apparent in entomophilous species.
- Thus, the aim of this paper is to describe, for the first time, the secretion and chemical composition of nectar in a presumed entomophilous species of Maxillaria and to compare this with data previously obtained for M. coccinea.
- It has been described as a predominantly entomophilous species.
- Example sentences
- Conversely to that stated by some authors, entomophily, mainly effected by species of Diptera but also by species of Coleoptera and Hymenoptera, is probably the only pollination system in these species.
Definición de entomophilous en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan