The infiltration of a political party by members of another group, with the intention of subverting its policies or objectives: cases of alleged entryism have been reported in many constituencies
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The group was following the policy of entryism, closing their eyes to all the main crimes of the leadership for the last 22 years.
- Some fear falling membership has left political parties vulnerable to entryism.
- Disputes arose over state capitalism, the nature of the revolution in the developing world 7, the Eastern European states, whether entryism should be adopted and the precise structure of revolutionary parties.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In both cases, those expelled were at least accused of practical breaches of the party's constitution - of operating an entryist faction in the first case and standing against an official Labour candidate in the other.
- There were legitimate arguments in favour of an entrist policy.
- The union is increasingly in the grip of what one minister, who does know about these things, calls ‘hard-left ‘entryists’ who joined the union years ago with the specific aim of causing industrial trouble’.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: entry|ism
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda