Definición de ependyma en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Anatomy
The thin membrane of glial cells lining the ventricles of the brain and the central canal of the spinal cord.
- These include the respiratory epithelium of the airways (respiratory cilia), the embryonic node (primary cilia), and the ependyma of the brain ventricles (ependymal cilia).
- Supporting cells of the nervous system include the capsule or satellite cells of peripheral ganglia, ependyma, neuroglia, and Schwann cells.
- The most cogent theory that supports the occasional finding of subcutaneous islands of ependyma in the postcoccygeal region in infants is that these lesions originate from extramedullary ependymal rests.
late 19th century: from Greek ependuma, from ependuein 'put on over'.
- Example sentences
- Choroid plexus and ependymal cells are quite similar, with the latter showing more ‘degenerative’ cytologic features and fewer cellular clusters.
- Dural, leptomeningeal, or ependymal enhancement are typical findings, none of which were present in this patient.
- Characteristically, meningitis, through retrograde spread, often leads to ependymitis (inflammation of the ependymal lining of the ventricular system).
Definición de ependyma en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan