Definición de epenthesis en inglés:
sustantivo (plural epentheses /-siːz/)[mass noun]
The insertion of a sound or letter within a word, e.g. the b in thimble.
- This epenthesis often shows up even when Sicilians speak Italian.
- Data were categorized as accurately produced, produced with modifications (epenthesis or feature change), or absent, which meant that one or more of the consonants in the coda were not produced.
- I assume we know the correct hidden structure (like foot structure) and the correct underlying forms (no epenthesis or deletion or lexical stress).
- Example sentences
- An epenthetic vowel can be added to break up a consonant cluster.
- Sicilian, phonetically characterized by the presence of retroflexed consonants, not only keeps all the vowel sounds clear and loud but introduces an epenthetic [i] in some consonantic groups.
Definición de epenthesis en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan