sustantivo[mass noun] Ecology
- The flora and fauna living on the surface of the bottom of a sea or lake.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This overall form, together with the apparent restriction of Eurytholia fossils to calcareous deposits, suggests that the animal was not pelagic but belonged instead to the vagile epibenthos.
- Values were predicted to be low among the crustacean-dominated epibenthos since we expected marsh detritus to be a prominent food resource.
- Until the 1970s, the continental shelf of the Beaufort Sea off Alaska was also considered barren of rocky substrates and associated epibenthos.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These structures may also protect infauna from epibenthic predators, leading to higher clam survivorship.
- Compared to epibenthic dwellers like trout, strictly benthic fish species are even more affected by changes in water level because they rely on specific substratum characteristics.
- Larger white perch seem to be more opportunistic than the smaller fish, becoming at least partly epibenthic feeders where sand shrimp are available.
early 20th century: from Greek epi 'upon' + benthos 'depth of the sea'.
Más definiciones de epibenthosDefinición de epibenthos en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.