sustantivo[mass noun] Anatomy
A serous membrane that forms the innermost layer of the pericardium, attached to the muscles of the wall of the heart.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Reference to the pericardium, epicardium, myocardium, endocardium and valves, chordae, ventricular thicknesses, and aorta and major vessels may be included.
- Affected regions are characterized by a lacelike pattern of adipose infiltration, progressing from epicardium toward the endocardium, and by interposed streams of normal or slightly atrophie myocytes.
- It has been known that muscle fibers in a heart are arranged in such a way that their orientation changes continuously from endocardium to epicardium of the free wall.
mid 19th century: from epi- 'above' + Greek kardia 'heart', on the pattern of pericardium.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Coronary spasm, which results from an increased vasomotor tone of epicardial coronary arteries, can produce myocardial ischemia.
- Based on the CT scans, a scoring system for coronary artery calcification involving the four major epicardial coronary arteries was determined.
- There were multiple irregular, sharply demarcated, rubbery, pale yellow plaques and nodules scattered throughout the pericardium and on the epicardial surface.
Definición de epicardium en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.