- (Of a shoot or branch) growing from a previously dormant bud on the trunk or a limb of a tree.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Analysis of height vs. diameter ratios among different tree subgroups, with and without epicormic branching, suggested that trees with epicormic branches generally have a low level of secondary growth compared with primary growth.
- These buds may have developed into plagiotropic branches or orthotropic epicormic shoots.
- Analyses were performed in duplicate on each of the 12 radiata trees that developed epicormic shoots and were used as the plant material source.
early 20th century: from epi- 'upon' + Greek kormos 'tree trunk'.
Más definiciones de epicormicDefinición de epicormic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.