- Characterized by or designed to display rhetorical or oratorical skill.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The traditional approach to this difficulty is to dismiss epideictic oratory as irrelevant and gratuitous display.
- On the other hand, epideictic rhetoric implies that tradition or social standing authorizes the rhetor to locate the object of praise in the criteria of excellence.
- He argues that epideictic rhetoric with its traditional concern with the noble provides the model from which a contemporary reasoning about ends could proceed.
late 18th century: from Greek epideiktikos (based on deiknunai 'to show').
Más definiciones de epideicticDefinición de epideictic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.