Definición de epidural en inglés:
adjetivoAnatomy & Medicine
On or around the dura mater, in particular (of an anaesthetic) introduced into the space around the dura mater of the spinal cord.
- They can also be given in the epidural space in the spinal column where nerves exit.
- They can also be given through an epidural catheter (a thin tube).
- The neurologist who examined her found and drained an epidural abscess from the lumbar region.
sustantivoVolver al principio
An epidural anaesthetic, used especially in childbirth to produce loss of sensation below the waist.
- Anaesthetists routinely provide epidurals for both vaginal and caesarean deliveries.
- Most hospitals use IV medicines or epidurals for pain relief.
- Little attention has been paid to other obstetric interventions such as epidurals, episiotomies, and instrumental births