sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
The theory, now generally held, that an embryo develops progressively from an undifferentiated egg cell. Often contrasted with preformation.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In epigenesis, the developing organism begins in an undifferentiated state and gradually changes to a more complex state through multiple interactions.
- He did not assume that an inert and common matter was sufficient for a plausible formulation of a theory of mechanical epigenesis.
- Chapter 5 introduces their role in development, concluding that epigenesis is really, really complicated.
epigenesist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- While the inability to ‘look inside’ the womb may have led early scientists to favor the epigenesist view that life gradually comes into existence from inanimate matter, we simply know better today.
Definición de epigenesis en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.