Definición de epigenetic en inglés:
1 Biology Relating to or arising from non-genetic influences on gene expression: epigenetic carcinogens
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Such variations might arise from minor genetic differences or by epigenetic influences causing induction, enhancement or inhibition of repair enzyme synthesis or activity.
- The embryo is human, since it has the genetic constitution and epigenetic primordia characteristic of human beings.
- Hence, we investigated molecular genetic and epigenetic events in oral carcinogenesis.
1.1Relating to or of the nature of epigenesis.
2 Geology Formed later than the surrounding or underlying rock formation.
- Ores formed at the same time as their host rocks are referred to as syngenetic; ores formed after the host rock are called epigenetic.
- Thus, the ore minerals form after the host rock and are called epigenetic.
- More recent studies suggest an epigenetic origin, indicating that sulphide-rich iron formation is a replacement type rather than a primary sedimentary facies.
- Example sentences
- The state of gene inactivation is inherited epigenetically through multiple mitoses.
- An alternate proposal suggests that centromere functionality might be epigenetically determined by a higher-order structure dictated by underlying repeats.
- Intelligence is an emergent property of person-in-society, not an inborn capability or an epigenetically developed trait of individuals.
Definición de epigenetic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan