Definición de epigrammatic en inglés:
In the style of an epigram; concise, clever, and amusing: an epigrammatic style
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Greek philosopher Heraclitus is famous for saying you cannot stand in the same river twice; La Rochefoucauld perfected this epigrammatic style in the 17th century in his Maximes.
- This epigrammatic style is fun, but if repeated one becomes aware that it points as much towards the author's cleverness as the subject in hand.
- Bacon, in his Essays, adopts an epigrammatic style.
witty, clever, amusing, quick-witted, piquant, ingenious;
sharp, trenchant, well tuned, finely honed, in well-chosen words
- Example sentences
- He has a quote from Kurt Vonnegut epigrammatically placed on his site.
- Until the 20th century, it simply did not occur to rulers that they could second every aspect of national life to the pursuit of their policies of which, as Clausewitz epigrammatically observed, war is merely a continuation.
- To put it epigrammatically, the totality of the modern state seems to require unconditional surrender as a necessary correlative of its total wars.
Words that rhyme with epigrammaticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aristocratic, aromatic, Asiatic, asthmatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, enigmatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, melodramatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, psychosomatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia