In the style of an epigram; concise, clever, and amusing: an epigrammatic style
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Greek philosopher Heraclitus is famous for saying you cannot stand in the same river twice; La Rochefoucauld perfected this epigrammatic style in the 17th century in his Maximes.
- This epigrammatic style is fun, but if repeated one becomes aware that it points as much towards the author's cleverness as the subject in hand.
- Bacon, in his Essays, adopts an epigrammatic style.
witty, clever, amusing, quick-witted, piquant, ingenious;
sharp, trenchant, well tuned, finely honed, in well-chosen words
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He has a quote from Kurt Vonnegut epigrammatically placed on his site.
- Until the 20th century, it simply did not occur to rulers that they could second every aspect of national life to the pursuit of their policies of which, as Clausewitz epigrammatically observed, war is merely a continuation.
- To put it epigrammatically, the totality of the modern state seems to require unconditional surrender as a necessary correlative of its total wars.
Palabras que riman con epigrammaticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aristocratic, aromatic, asthmatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, enigmatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, melodramatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, psychosomatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: epi|gram|mat¦ic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda