sustantivo (plural epilimnia /-nɪə/)
- The upper layer of water in a stratified lake.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The chemistry of the two parts of a freshwater lake, the epilimnion and the hypolimnion, is affected by biological processes and by circulation.
- The amount of bacterial cells imported via the inlets in relation to bacterioplankton cells produced in the epilimnion of the lakes was also determined.
- At each pond, we took two replicate water samples from the epilimnion using an integrated depth sampler; we took samples from the surface to 1.25 m in Monday Bog and to 1.75 m in Wednesday Bog.
early 20th century: from epi- 'above' + Greek limnion (diminutive of limnē 'lake').
Más definiciones de epilimnionDefinición de epilimnion en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.