Definición de episcopal en inglés:
1Of a bishop or bishops: episcopal power
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He cites instances in which priests served as bishops without episcopal ordination, acting only with the potestas bestowed by the jurisdictional authority of Rome.
- If a nonordained man is selected, he must immediately be ordained priest and then bishop, with his succession to the papacy turning on the moment of his episcopal ordination.
- Attending to political perceptions and consequences, while not unimportant, is nowhere to be found in the rite of episcopal ordination.
1.1(Of a Church) governed by or having bishops.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Ministers, and particularly bishops in episcopal churches, also represent symbolically the church and Christ's way of life.
- That the Anglican churches are episcopal churches is on the way to becoming a semi-official designation as well as a fact.
- I joined the congregation of the local episcopal cathedral in Minneapolis on two consecutive Sundays, and spent lots of money on a new computer that I don't really need.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Although ordained episcopally in 1660, he declined to subscribe to the Act of Uniformity, so lost his fellowship in 1662.
- They also remain firmly committed to the Eucharist being celebrated only by women and men who have been episcopally ordained.
- His Dialogues (whose authenticity has been challenged) inspiringly portrayed the Italian Church as ascetic, preaching, thaumaturgic, but episcopally controlled.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia