Definición de episcopate en inglés:
1The office of a bishop.
- If the episcopate * as an office * is the problem then what are we saying?
- A person is ordained into the historic episcopate, but does not ‘receive’ it.
- Instead it called for ‘further theological study on the episcopate, focusing on the issues that need to be addressed in preparation for the debate on women in the episcopate of the Church of England’.
1.1 (the episcopate) The bishops of a church or region collectively.
- Furthermore, no single policy emanated from the government because of the individualism of licensors, and of divisions within the episcopate, and between James and the leading churchmen.
- For him, conciliarism was essentially a teaching about the shared responsibility of the whole episcopate, whether gathered in council or scattered in the dioceses.
Definición de episcopate en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan