- 1Containing or consisting of a series of separate parts or events: an episodic narrativeMás ejemplos en oraciones
in episodes, in instalments, in sections, in parts
- Unfortunately, the film really doesn't have a narrative, just an episodic series of events.
- It all works in outline, but the episodic unfolding of events lacks energy.
- Structurally, it works - the disjointed narrative gives it an episodic feel, but you're never left hanging, wanting to know what happens next.
- 1.1Occurring occasionally and at irregular intervals: volcanic activity is highly episodic in natureMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The scattered and episodic nature of today's threats, however, requires much more precise and constant monitoring.
- In short, they all had episodic cough, wheezing, dyspnea, and normal chest roentgenography results.
- This result probably reflects the short duration and self-limiting nature of the episodic tension-type headache. [Evidence level A, RCT]
- 2(Of a programme or story) broadcast or published as a series of instalments: episodic television is a difficult medium to write forMás ejemplos en oraciones
- One reason it's too early to make a real assessment is because it's clear the writers have just given up making episodic television.
- The most difficult part of episodic television, I would think, is generating reasonable motivations/keeping track of all these characters.
- He moved into directing episodic television, winning a DGA nomination for his work on the Emmy-winning drama ER.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Migraine occurs episodically, often without warning and can last anything from four hours to three days with symptoms varying from relatively mild discomfort to a totally disabling condition.
- The meal unfolds episodically and informally, with new dishes being ordered whenever anyone feels like them; then pooled, passed around, and left on the table for whoever wants them next.
- The daily press, by the very nature of the medium, has a hard time following these stories in any way but episodically.