1A mistake: spelling errors an error of judgement
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A minute mistake, an error of judgement, is all that it takes for a ghastly mishap to occur, resulting in death or worse, a life-long disability.
- In a way, Nolan makes a similar error of judgement, mistaking atmospheric darkness for thematic darkness.
- That happens a lot on the web, and sometimes it can be used to cover awful mistakes or errors of judgment.
mistake, fallacy, misconception, delusion;
inaccuracy, miscalculation, misreckoning;
blunder, fault, flaw, oversight;
misprint, literal, erratum, misinterpretation, misreading
informal slip-up, bloomer, boo-boo, howler, boner, fail
British informal boob
1.1 [mass noun] The state or condition of being wrong in conduct or judgement: goods dispatched to your branch in error the crash was caused by human error
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Now, as a consequent of inadvertent human error, conditions are contrary to preferred expectations.
- The common threads running through most nuclear accidents are unexpected technical conditions and human error.
- Lastly, don't discount the possibility of human error when conducting the audit.
wrongly, by mistake, mistakenly, incorrectly, inappropriately, misguidedly;
accidentally, by accident, inadvertently, unintentionally, unwittingly, unknowingly, unconsciously, by chance
1.2 [mass noun] technical A measure of the estimated difference between the observed or calculated value of a quantity and its true value.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There is a statistically significant difference in the estimating error between estimating at WBS level one and level two.
- The within group variance component estimates measurement error, as percentage of the total variance.
- We compared the Ka and Ks values computed from the three methods with their corresponding expected values and calculated their error percentages.
see the error of one's ways
- Realize or acknowledge one’s wrongdoing: he quickly sees the error of his ways and turns into a figure of saintly humilityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- To conclude my digression, let me tell that my pal quickly saw the error of his ways and got a decent job in a newspaper soon after.
- However, to then book Neill for diving was outrageous and we can only hope the Sheffield official sees the error of his ways before the second leg.
- But the recent pictures added to that, and there is a growing movement of people who are seeing the error of their ways.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Robb's performance was matched by his team's errorless game in the field.
- He had 25 hits in his first 67 at-bats and was errorless in 15 starts (14 at second base, one at shortstop).
- Why do people prefer the reproduction of other people's errors to my own errorless prose?
Middle English: via Old French from Latin error, from errare 'to stray, err'.
Palabras que riman con errorBerra, Ferrer, sierra, terror
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: error
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda