Definición de erythrocyte en inglés:
A red blood cell, which (in humans) is typically a biconcave disc without a nucleus. Erythrocytes contain the pigment haemoglobin, which imparts the red colour to blood, and transport oxygen and carbon dioxide to and from the tissues.
- The deformation of the human erythrocyte or red blood cell has been the topic of detailed investigation for many decades.
- There are three chapters devoted to the structure and function of erythrocytes and white blood cells.
- Sickle cell erythrocytes have decreased oxygen affinity and increased unsaturated hemoglobin in the arterial blood.
- Example sentences
- A bone marrow aspirate and biopsy were performed and revealed 51% erythrocytic precursors.
- As the immature cells accumulate in the bone marrow, they replace the normal myelocytic cells, megakaryocytes, and erythrocytic cells.
- Rapidly expanding erythrocytic volume increases blood viscosity and, especially in endurance races, might predispose the athlete to blood clots or other complications.
Definición de erythrocyte en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan