1A fruit tree or ornamental shrub whose branches are trained to grow flat against a wall, supported on a lattice.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Because the fruit is so good, the trees are best grown as espaliers in a small garden, which will maximise fruit production against tree size.
- I want to train a pear tree as an espalier against a wall.
- These include Kylemore Abbey, where 150-year-old apple espaliers line the paths of the kitchen garden.
Train (a tree or shrub) to grow flat against a wall: fruit trees were espaliered some thirty feet apart (as adjective espaliered) espaliered fruit trees
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Once you know what you are doing, you can prune 12 dwarf espaliered trees in an hour or maybe two each year.
- It was espaliered carefully back onto its old trellis and coaxed into bloom.
- Apples are espaliered along space-saving rows of wire fencing.
Palabras que riman con espalierAntalya, pallia, rallier
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: es¦pal|ier
Definición de espalier en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda