Definición de espalier en inglés:
1A fruit tree or ornamental shrub whose branches are trained to grow flat against a wall, supported on a lattice.
- Because the fruit is so good, the trees are best grown as espaliers in a small garden, which will maximise fruit production against tree size.
- I want to train a pear tree as an espalier against a wall.
- These include Kylemore Abbey, where 150-year-old apple espaliers line the paths of the kitchen garden.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Train (a tree or shrub) to grow flat against a wall: fruit trees were espaliered some thirty feet apart (as adjective espaliered) espaliered fruit trees
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Once you know what you are doing, you can prune 12 dwarf espaliered trees in an hour or maybe two each year.
- It was espaliered carefully back onto its old trellis and coaxed into bloom.
- Apples are espaliered along space-saving rows of wire fencing.
Definición de espalier en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan