Definición de esplanade en inglés:
1A long, open, level area, typically beside the sea, along which people may walk for pleasure.
- To begin though, I settle into a daily regime that involves nothing more challenging than a walk into Funchal along the esplanade, behind the squadrons of yachts in the town's marina.
- It is also an easy stroll along the esplanade to Estoril if you feel like a slight change of scene or want to lose your money at the enormous casino.
- Then they went for a stroll along the beachfront esplanade.
1.1An open, level space separating a fortress from a town.
- The esplanade outside the castle walls is the site for the Military Tattoo, one of Edinburgh's three most celebrated festivals.
- Stretching from the castle esplanade to the palace of Holyroodhouse, the Royal Mile, or High Street, has undergone various incarnations since it came into being in mediaeval times.
- The esplanade in front of Edinburgh Castle is legally owned by Nova Scotia, dating from a deal concluded by Charles I and never revoked.
Definición de esplanade en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan