- He espouses the belief that true revolutionaries must anchor their efforts in an act of love of people and of life.
- Boyd espouses the belief that the faculty is there for the purpose of instructing students: politics should not impact the most fundamental and important feature of society.
- I write as a white, Anglo-Saxon male, brought up in the Christian tradition, but currently espousing no religious belief.
- My father, falling in love with a poor relation, espoused her privately; and I was the first fruit of that marriage.
- Four years have I been espoused to our gracious King, Alban of Mann.
- Thereafter it happened that the maid who escaped marriage with a lord, came to be espoused to Clovis, son of the former king Dagobert.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I'm wary of applying amateur psychology to politics but it is surely the case that the espousers of far-fetched conspiracies, convinced that they need to ‘open our eyes’, succeed only in giving us a window on their own insecurities.
- Thirty years on, they are two of the most well-known espousers of a Western-style Buddhism.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'take as a spouse'): from Old French espouser, from Latin sponsare, from sponsus 'betrothed', past participle of spondere.
Palabras que riman con espousearouse, blouse, browse, carouse, Cowes, dowse, drowse, house, Howes, rouse
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: es|pouse
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.