Adhering to, advocating, or relating to the principle of an established Church: establishmentarian politics
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Because of its roots in the established Church of England, the Episcopal Church has long sought to play an establishmentarian role in the United States.
- In the 1990s Sweden finally decided that the establishmentarian status of the Lutheran Church should be abolished by the year 2000.
A person adhering to or advocating the principle of an established Church.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This illustrates that the language of separation didn't come from the advocates of separation, but was used by the Establishmentarians to frighten people away from embracing the disestablishment agenda of the Baptists.
- He concluded that entanglements between religion and the civil state lead to the very corruption that establishmentarians argued was countered by an ecclesiastical establishment.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- There remained, of course, vestiges of establishmentarianism and a deep suspicion of Roman Catholics.
- Manifestations of establishmentarianism included imposing a mandatory tax in support of church worship, limiting the right of suffrage to church members, and mandating belief in the Christian faith.
Palabras que riman con establishmentarianagrarian, antiquarian, apiarian, Aquarian, Arian, Aryan, authoritarian, barbarian, Bavarian, Bulgarian, Caesarean (US Cesarean), centenarian, communitarian, contrarian, Darien, disciplinarian, egalitarian, equalitarian, fruitarian, Gibraltarian, grammarian, Hanoverian, humanitarian, Hungarian, latitudinarian, libertarian, librarian, majoritarian, millenarian, necessarian, necessitarian, nonagenarian, octogenarian, ovarian, Parian, parliamentarian, planarian, predestinarian, prelapsarian, proletarian, quadragenarian, quinquagenarian, quodlibetarian, Rastafarian, riparian, rosarian, Rotarian, sabbatarian, Sagittarian, sanitarian, Sauveterrian, sectarian, seminarian, septuagenarian, sexagenarian, topiarian, totalitarian, Trinitarian, ubiquitarian, Unitarian, utilitarian, valetudinarian, vegetarian, veterinarian, vulgarian
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: es¦tab¦lish|ment|arian
Definición de establishmentarian en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda