verbo[with object] chiefly historical
Anaesthetize (a person or animal) with ether: the blood samples were obtained from a pair of etherized frogs figurative I read it, feeling faintly etherized
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The physician performed the examination, diagnosed the lump as a fibroid tumor, and performed an operation to remove the tumor while, as T. S. Eliot puts it, the patient was etherized upon the table.
- The famous opening comparison of the evening sky to ‘a patient etherized upon a table’ makes clear the anesthetizing power of the polluting haze.
- The temporary loss of control over the will (such as occurs during etherized paralysis), he implies, only reveals the extent to which the conscious mind is never the centre of its own will nor entirely in control of its own movements.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Following etherization, flies were placed into vials, and allowed 1 day for recovery from etherization.
- From then on, there was no further opposition in the hospital to performance of operations on patients under etherization.
Definición de etherize en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda