- I'm not saying that ethics committees that question research proposals are always being pedantic.
- Now the couple have been told the private clinic in England is willing to put their case to its ethics committee.
- The study was performed in accordance with the regulations laid down by the hospital's ethics committee.
- They thought that fundamental principles of ethics could be seen to be true by the natural light of reason.
- Either way the technical difference between moral philosophy and ethics is so minimal as to be irrelevant.
- Surely they're old enough to learn about ethics and moral philosophy, tailored to their age.
Schools of ethics in Western philosophy can be divided, very roughly, into three sorts. The first, drawing on the work of Aristotle, holds that the virtues (such as justice, charity, and generosity) are dispositions to act in ways that benefit both the person possessing them and that person’s society. The second, defended particularly by Kant, makes the concept of duty central to morality: humans are bound, from a knowledge of their duty as rational beings, to obey the categorical imperative to respect other rational beings. Thirdly, utilitarianism asserts that the guiding principle of conduct should be the greatest happiness or benefit of the greatest number
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And I'll be talking with one of the country's leading medical ethicists about the issues involved in this case.
- In taking this position and seeking to amend the Bill accordingly, I was supported by many of the leading ethicists in the field.
- This question has plagued ethicists and physicians throughout the years.